Jan 3, 2016

Sunday Summary

I'm going to try to get in the habit of posting a summary of my training for the past week every Sunday night. If nothing else, it'll give me something to look back on as IMFL gets closer this fall. Maybe I'll also get back in the habit of writing more and more often. Maybe.

Swimming: 52 minutes, 1960 meters
Biking: 2:11, 36.5 miles
Running: 2:10, 13.1 miles

I had a hard time getting out of bed at 530 to workout last week. I ended up doing most of my training in the late morning before lunch or once I got off work in the evening. That's not a sustainable habit going forward seeing as most weeks of the year are not as light as the one between Christmas and New Year's.

I really enjoyed my biking this week. I discovered a really well done online cycling "game" called Zwift. You can ride a simulation of the world championship course in Richmond, set up your own workouts, and even race against people around the world if you're so inclined. They even have jerseys like the Tour de France that you can earn if you're faster than everyone else riding at that time. Today, by some miracle, or more likely a computer glitch, I took home the green jersey.


Zwift keeps me focused better during the interval workouts that Mary gives me, but for longer endurance-type rides, I think streaming movies still wins out.

No comments: