Jan 4, 2010

One Week Left

10 miles near Rice

I got in my last long run before Disney yesterday. The coolness aside, it was a really nice morning for a run. I felt great and figure that if I can maintain the same easy pace for Goofy, I should be able to cruise through the half and have fun taking pictures during the full. Now it's just a matter of getting packed, heading to Florida on Wednesday, and going to Disney on Friday. The forecast is calling for cooler weather with a chance of showers, so it looks like I'll be bringing everything but the kitchen sink - short sleeves, long sleeves, jacket, hat, etc.

The one thing I'm really not looking forward to is having to get on the bus from the resort to the start at 4am. The start isn't until 550, so the thought of sitting around in the rain for well over an hour doesn't get me too excited. Heather went out the other day to buy us some really cheap sweats we can wear to hang out in before the start. That sounds better than sitting on the curb wearing a trash bag. :)

3 comments:

MaineSport said...

Rest, rest, rest. And have fun! Good luck, John.

Ange said...

Good Luck!!!

Ange said...

Hey! I just figured out this was YOU!!! Where have I been?? Sorry JOhn!
I hope the marathon goes really well for you!!!