Sep 3, 2012

Only in Doha

Bernardo and I are sitting down at lunch at Thai Smile, a restaurant near the Corniche, when a security guy walks in. He starts asking people if they have a black Nissan parked out along the road. When I let him know that I think he's talking about my truck, he says I need to come with him. We head out to the road where I'm quite surprised to see that my truck is no longer there. He shows me it's now parked in the slip road lot on the other side of the street, a 6-lane one that runs parallel to the Corniche, and points me to the police officer. I asked the officer what happened, and he said the police had to move it. No explanation as to why, just that it had to be moved. Bernardo thinks the Emir must have been heading that way and they wanted to make sure no cars were parked on the side of the roads that he was traveling on. Good thing the security guy came by because I'd have been really confused had I finished lunch and found my car missing and moved like that. This place never ceases to amaze me.

2 comments:

Infinite Typing Monkeys said...

Funny!

OdyDog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.