Dec 11, 2011

7 Things

My friend Mary recently wrote a post detailing seven things about herself, so I figured I'd do the same thing. It's a good way to get me to write something on here since I've been pretty lax in doing so recently. So without further ado, here are my seven things:

  • In the past ten years, I've lived in six different cities, three states, and three countries. I guess you could say I've got the travel bug. And thanks to the Internet, email, and Facebook, I never have to really say goodbye to all the friends I make along the way.
  • I'm currently living in a house without a dog for the first time in close to 15 years. Things are much quieter and calmer than I'm used to. Seems very strange.
  • I'm running the Dubai Marathon next month. I'm looking forward to crossing my second continent off the list. I'm not looking forward to what I imagine will be a dearth of crowd support and entertainment along the course.
  • I miss driving my TT, but i'm glad I'm not driving it over here. The drivers are so crazy that we're getting two sturdy SUVs to keep us safe as we master the right blend of defensive and aggressive driving necessary to get through the city.
  • I wish I could bring myself to do all the things my running coaches want me to do. It's just so much easier to eat pizza than cook chicken and veggies.
  • I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing the Saudi women here wearing their full face veils while talking on their iPhones. Those two worlds just seem so far apart.
  • I find it amusing when my mother tells me that my nephews want to tell me all about their football games or want to hear all about what I'm up to. Considering they barely stay on the phone for two minutes when I call, I'd say she's projecting.

No comments: