Jul 1, 2010

Columbus Ex JWW Course

Here's a copy of my Ex JWW course from my assignment last weekend in Columbus. I figured I'd throw it up here for a few reasons. One, I can't use it again so why keep it hidden away, and two, it was a really fun course with a Q rate of 67%.

There weren't very many places where handlers really ran into trouble. Most of the NQs stemmed from dropped bars at #11 when a front cross was late, run-outs at #6 as the handler pushed toward #7 and didn't pul the dog in, and missed weave poles if the dog didn't collect in time to make the entry. There were several big dogs who ran past #20 to spoil a perfect run, which happened when the handler had to move out around the wing of #19 and didn't think to move back in or push the dog back in. The little dogs didn't have this problem since they were generally even with or behind their handler, whereas most of the big dogs were slightly or greatly ahead of their handler. Still, I'll take a 67% Q rate any time I can get it. It's a lot more fun to watch teams really pushing and having fun and success than watching NQ after NQ after NQ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome, Banja would tear that up!!! Why can't you use it again??

John said...

We're not allowed to reuse courses. We have to mirror them or make some other changes before we can put them up again.