May 1, 2016

Back in the Saddle

A pretty decent week of training this week. I finally got back into the groove after struggling with jet lag the week before. The only part of a workout I missed was the last few intervals from today's swim. Brian cooked an incredible meal last night (rib roast, Yorkshire pudding, roasted veggies, and chocolate fondant for dessert), and I ate way too much. Tough to swim well and for a long time when you've still got a pile of meat in your stomach. Worth it though. He's off rotation on Tuesday, so we won't have another dinner like that for a month.

Swim - 4.15 miles
Bike - 61 miles
Run - 15.9 miles

It's taking me some time to get used to my new position on the bike. The adjustments Adam made moved my saddle up and forward and dropped my stem, increasing the pressure on my shoulders. It's not horribly painful, but after a few hours, there's definitely some discomfort. Better to be working through this now well in advance of November, though.

No comments: